Portada Nasoni proveniente do Palácio de Freixo

Ponte de Lima
Description
Classified as Monument of Public Interest

Originaly this frontispiece was in the Palácio do Freixo, in Porto, but it has been transfered to Casa da Torre das Donas, in Vitorino das Donas (Ponte de Lima), before of 1924. The reason usually cited for the change of location is the opening of the Coastal Road, next to the Palácio do Freixo, even though everything indicates that it has been acquired earlier by Russel Francisco de Sousa, who applied in its farm.
Summer residence of Dean Jerónimo de Noronha Tavora , the palace was designed by Nicolau Nasoni, whose link to this documentary work is proven by contract between the dean and master carpenter in 1750, where the name of the Italian architect is mentioned.

Location: Ponte de Lima
Casa da Terra Feita

Casa da Terra Feita

A cottage with all facilities and located in the beautiful village of São Pedro d' Arcos. Built...
More info
Casa do Eido da Devesa

Casa do Eido da Devesa

Typical house with architecture of the region of the 17th century, located in Ponte de Lima. It...
More info
Confrade

Confrade

It's a restaurant with regional food, in the Municipal Market. With a pleasant interior with...
More info
Estábulo de Valinhas

Estábulo de Valinhas

Cozy restaurant with large room ideal for groups. Quality and professional service, and a museum...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation