Casa do Curral/ESTGF

Felgueiras
Description

This building was part of the plot of A Morgadinha dos Canaviais, by Júlio Dinis.

Dr. António de Sousa Magalhães Lemos, medical doctor, professor and renowned psychiatrist, was born in this house on August 18 1855. He died in Oporto on July, 22, 1931.

Casa do Curral, which was in ruins as of 1999, was completely restored and revitalized in 2003 by the Portuguese architect Filipe Oliveira Dias. This magnificent building, which presently houses the Escola Superior de Tecnologias e Gestão de Felgueiras (ESTGF), used to belong to the Town Hall of Felgueiras. It is now property of Instituto Politécnico do Porto.  

Location: Felgueiras
Des Arts Hotel

Des Arts Hotel

The oldest and most highly visited Grande Hotel Silva in the town of Amarante opened its doors...
More info
Doçaria Maria do Céu Freitas - Fornelos

Doçaria Maria do Céu Freitas - Fornelos

Other delicacies in Fafe council are the sponge cake ("pão-de-ló") and egg-yolk sweets ("doces...
More info

Located next to the shrine of the same name, this rustic restaurant is one of the great...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation